Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Experiments for SHF


This Month the SHF is hosted by Mmm, Tasty. As I learned this month's SHF theme was "Tasty Locavore Treats", so I thought I must show the yellow raspberries from the farm which is only 2km away from our home. I get acquainted with learned 2 years ago. I was very excited by these raspberries which have nearly the same taste as the rose ones have. I went extra for this event with my son and husband to the farm to pluck yellow rasberries, of course not only yellow ones. I didn't know what I should make out of them, so I have tried various desserts of own creation.
Caramel Panna Cotta Cake

Base: Bought genoise cake, cut in the form you use as mold.
75g butter
75g dark brown sugar
400ml heavy cream
Enough Agar Agar

Melt the butter and sugar for a few minutes and add the cream with agar agar slowly. Heat the cream and stir it until it cooks for 2 minutes.
Pour the warm Panna Cotta mixture in the mold you want to use. Chill it until it becomes firm, which will take at least two hours but I let them over night.
Run a sharp knife around the edge of the Caramal Panna Cotta and unmold onto the cake base and garnish with the yellow raspberry and decorate with melt chocolate.

White Chocolate & Raspberry Cheesecake

I used a small springform tin. (size :20cm)

For the base I used a ready-to-use Génoise Cake.
I spike the base with 2-3 spoons rose sirup.

For the filling:
100g white chocolate with almonds, broken into pieces
50g (2oz) butter
250g mascorpone
1-2 spoons caster sugar
125ml whipped cream
fresh raspberries for the filling plus extra to decorate

Melt the chocolate and butter in a double boiler or microwave.
Mix in another bowl the mascarpone, sugar and whipped cream till smooth.
Stir the chocolate into the cream.
Put the raspberries on the base. Spoon the cream on the base.
Leave the cake to set over night in the fridge
Decorate with raspberries to serve.

Here an other experiment (Raspberry Panna Cotta):
Here a photo from the plant:

2 Comments:

Blogger Papierzauberei said...

mmmhhhhh das sieht lecker aus!! Wo flückst Du die feinen Himbeeren?
Grüessli
Monika

10/27/2009 7:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

cok guzel gorunuyor kesinlikle denemek isteyecegim bir sey...
agar agar neki? bir tur jelatin sanirim ama hic kullanmadim nasil bir sey ve nekadar konuluyor yazarsaniz sevinirim

12/10/2009 3:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home