SHF #27Chocolate By Brand
David Lebovitz is hosting Sugar High Friday #27 and he wanted to know which chocolate we used in our prepations for this event and why.
Since I live in Switzerland (means since 2 years), I use for baking Lindt Cuisine and Crémant. If I prepare for an important event I use Lindt else I use the cheaper Crémant. I think both of them taste good. If I use it for baked desserts, I don't relize a difference. Ok, ok may be I'm not very good in tasting such delicacy, I don't know. I'm normaly very good in eating (dark) chocolate anyway:)
Last Monday I tried a new chocolate cake for a special event so I used Lindt. It was not the best chocolate cake I baked or ate even so I translate the recipe. Here the orginal in german.
(for a Weddingcake from Brigitte)
For a cake-pan (Ø 22 cm):
170 g dark chocolate
170 g butter
1 1/2 tablespoons instant espresso powder
200 g flour
4 teaspoons baking powder
40 g cacao
300 g sugar
80 ml buttermilk
1 1/2 tablespoons oil
I reduced the flour a little bite and
put founded (?) almonds
1. Melt dark chocolate and butter with the espresso powder over hot water. Set aside to cool.
2. Sift flour and cocoa into a bowl and add the sugar.
3. Beat the eggs and put them with buttermilk and oil in the middle of the flour mixture. remainingingredients. Beat on low speed with electric mixer.
4. Fold the chocolate batter.
5. Pour into prepared pan, and bake for 60 to 70 minutes(180 °C/160 °C fan-forced). Says the recipe but it's too long for this cake!
After I dekorated the cake with gum paste.